Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for your support of the arts and of our work here. Safe travels and stay warm this season! I’ve been enjoying getting to know the North Country of NH better. Towns I’ve spent time in so far: Albany, Bethlehem, Conway, Franconia, Freedom, Gorham, Lancaster, Littleton, Plymouth, Shelburne, and more!
As I’ve now passed the month mark on the job, I thought it would be fun to think about my favorite things about our organization.
My Five Favorite Things About AANNH (So Far):
- AANNH is all about the arts – from visual to performing, from traditional crafts to contemporary dance, and from Arts in Health to Arts in Early Learning, AANNH supports and recognizes the arts across the region.
- AANNH recognizes the value of education in everything we do in the arts – from professional development to choosing teaching artists and presenters, the role of education is never forgotten. (In fact, the 2013 Annual Fund is dedicated to AANNH’s Arts in Education efforts, and we’re kicking off the campaign today if you’d like to support us!)
- AANNH has members in all disciplines, from supporters to artists to arts organizations to local businesses, who unite to support the quality work of the Arts Alliance. (FYI that we are raffling off a print by Jeanette Fournier – anyone who signs up or renews their membership before the end of the year is entered to win!)
- AANNH staff and volunteers work tirelessly and are a wonderful, fun, hard-working group I’m honored to be a part of!
- “We’re All In This Together” isn’t just the theme of this year’s work at AANNH – it’s also the overwhelming theme when I attend events, workshops, and more. When we hold workshops and have conversations with our peers who are engaged in the same work, it is sustaining and life-affirming. Someone else knows what I am going through! It gives us new resources and new confidence to tackle the challenges when we return to our classrooms, organizations and communities.
So my question to you is obvious – what are your favorite things about AANNH? We love feedback and hope you’ll continue to share your thoughts and your favorite things so that we can do the best work possible and continue to fill the needs you see in your communities.